It’s no longer safe to be online without some kind of protection. On the internet, you are treading a territory full of malicious elements and without a security shield, you will be the easiest and most vulnerable target for a cyberattack. Thankfully though, more and more people understand that utilizing an antivirus is not optional anymore, it’s a necessity, and often the search for best Antivirus ends with webroot.com/safe.
Equipped with groundbreaking cloud-based threat detection and termination approach, webroot is more than capable of protecting your computer against cyber threats. To enjoy the protection offered by webroot you need to have it installed on your PC, but to have this full-fledged protection you need to download and activate the software. This can be easily done through the www.webroot.com/safe website.
How does it work?
It does not depend on any local database to detect and eliminate threats, thus, nullifying any signature update. The webroot client deployed to a system queries back to the cloud server to determine whether the program it detects is malicious or safe.
It employs a distributed threat termination methodology, where the Webroot Intelligence Network continuously monitors all the endpoints connected and promptly neutralizes the threat detected, eliminating the need to maintain a virus definition database on the endpoint.
In case of a new threat it does not recognize, the Webroot Intelligence Network carefully monitors it, records all its action, and the moment it finds it suspicious, swiftly terminate it sanitizing the device from the infection.
- No need to uninstall existing Antivirus, webroot has no conflicts with other security solutions.
- Can be deployed to the endpoint within seconds.
- Fully cloud-based. There’s no need to update or download signatures and definitions.
- Extremely lightweight. A few MB of space suffice.
- The threat is detected and eliminated in real-time via the Webroot Intelligence Network.
- The intuitive web interface makes it very easy to manage.
Download the Webroot Antivirus Software
Downloading the software requires the product key. It is needed to authenticate your purchase of the webroot software and to activate it. You can acquire the webroot 20 digit key via an offline retail channel or through the official www.webroot.com/safe website. Through whatever channel you obtain the authentication key, offline, or online, you need to keep it safe. Even after the installation and configuration of webroot antivirus, the key is required if you face any issue during the license period. To download the security software, follow the below-given steps:
- Open a browser on your PC and in the address bar type webroot.com/safe and Press the enter button.
- On the webroot official online Page, enter the product key, that you have purchased earlier and valid email id in the given fields.
- Press the next button and you will move to the webroot login page.
- Here you have two choices, either You log in, If you have the credentials or to register a webroot account.
- We assume that at this point you don’t have the account, so choose create an account option.
- On the following page, you are required to fill up some information.
- Enter your name and the email address you provided earlier in the required box.
- Then enter the password you want for your account. It should have to be easy to remember, hard to guess, and should be the combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters.
- Re-enter the password to confirm it and then press the create button.
- Now login using the details you filled up.
- Once you are in your account, you can choose the webroot product you want to download.
- Next, choose the subscription package of your choice, identify the operating system, and click the download button.
- If you have a stable internet connection, it will only take a few seconds for the setup file to download.
Install the Webroot Antivirus
Webroot.com/safe is available for all the widely used operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Steps you should follow depends on what platform you want to install it. Following instructions will let you easily install it on your PC or your mobile device:
Installation Instructions for Windows
- Locate the downloaded setup file on your PC. On windows PC generally, the files are downloaded in the download folder, unless you specify another location.
- It will be a file with wsainstall.exe name. When find it, double click on it to start the installation setup.
- At this point, you may be asked to provide the unique 20 digit product code. Enter it in the given space and click next.
- Now, wait while the installer, install the necessary files on your pc. If you see any on-screen instruction, follow them accordingly.
- When the process is complete press the finish button.
Installation instructions for Mac
During the download process when you are logged in to your webroot account, you have to specify the operating system as Mac and download the wsamac.dmg file on your Mac computer
- When you have download the wsamac.dmg file, double click it to launch the installer.
- In the dialogue box, drag the webroot icon to the application folder.
- Now double click the application folder to open it. You will find the webroot icon You have dragged, double click it to start the Activation and installation process.
- Webroot installation dialogue box will open, choose the language, and click on the Next button.
- After this type the 20 character Activation code and then click on NEXT again.
- The next step requires you to enter an email address, its option though and you can choose to skip this step.
- You may be required to enter the password of your apple system, If you are prompted, do it to continue the installation.
- Now follow the given on-screen instructions to complete the installation process of Webroot of your Mac computer.
Installation instructions for the Android device
- Open the play store on your android device, type webroot in the search box, and press the search button.
- Now select the webroot mobile security app from the list and click on the install button.
- After the installation is complete open the webroot application, tick mark the license agreement check box, and clicks on the activate button.
- Now provide the Activation code, and click on the finish button.
Instructions for iOS installation
- Open the app store on your iOS device and search the webroot mobile Security application.
- Click on it to start the download and installation process.
- After it is finished launch the app and provide the Activation code to enable the webroot security on your iOS device.